Dear Commish:


What would it take to give us all more roster moves? With the sorry physical condition of this year's crop of supposedly professional ball players and the sorry state of my draft I'm in danger of exhausting my alloted roster moves before Independence Day.

Rickie Weeks? Gone. Jimmy Rollins? Gone. Pat Burrell? Gone. (Ooooops.) Whorehey Posada? Gone. Chad "Stupid Grin" Cordero, my "ace" closer? Gone. And now, Manny "Gag Me With a Smurf" Corpas decides to go postal. Gone. Carlos Delgado? Just about to be Gone. Sheesh.

Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzze, give us some more.

Thank you,

--Vitamin D (for Desparate) Ownership, on behalf of my fellow and fellowette owners.

2 comments:

Jim Duncan said...

Hehe, sorry, no midseason rule changes--and remember, the first step to roster-move recovery is admitting you have a problem. (I note that in 2007, the erstwhile Off the Wall II was the dominating winner of the League Add/Drop Award, using all 60 moves allowed that year, with the next closest team using 33, and the average number sitting at 24.)

Is that the same Pat Burrell currently hitting .351/1.205 with 8 HR, 15 R, and 23 RBI? Wow, should've kept him . . .

Grandpa D said...

OCBTD ... Obsessive Compulsive Baseball Transaction Disorder?

Yes, same Pat Burrell. He was a temporary mistake (thus the "Oooooops" in the post) but life reverts to the mean. Or not.

On the 60 moves: I think 20 were in the semi-finals of last year's playoffs as I desperately and pathetically tried to catch the Mrs. (Granted the first 40 were a futile chase of hot bats to make up for my first (of many) bad drafts.)

Besides, my request for more moves was on behalf of all owners. I was really making the request just to protect Green Man from his OCCD (Obscessive Compulsive Cubs Disorder) given the hundreds of Cubs and Ex Cubs ready to be picked up.

--Vitamin D