Dear MLB TV,





Is this what it feels like to win? I've never been in first place before, and since I highly doubt I'll be there again, I better give my acceptance speech now. I'd like to thank MLB TV for beginning their inaugural broadcast during my maternity leave. I'd especially like to thank Harold Reynolds and team for letting me know that the Florida Marlins had one of the best starting rotations in baseball. I'd like to thank my husband, Mr. Commish, for talking nonstop about "his guys" over the past three years so that I have learned about players I would have never known about by osmosis. I'd like to thank Noah, whose residence in my belly during last year's fantasy season caused me to barely pay attention to my team, making for a most unfortunate season, which makes this one look that much better. And I'd like to thank Alexei Ramirez, one of my very few Latin players, who admitted that he just doesn't play well in the cold, but, to his credit, is going to try to fight through it. You are a true hero. Some day soon, it will be warm. And then I fear for the production of all my American-born players. But until then (or until next week), I'm in first place!

1 comment:

Grandpa D said...

Speaking of Harold Reynolds: check Mr. Commish's photo album c. 1987ish for an on-the-field shot of HR, Jim and Mike at the Kingdom.