Dear Player Database Managers,

Howie Kendrick is on the DL. He was put on the DL yesterday. I cannot replace him until you realize that he was put on the DL. Yesterday. Had you realized that he was put on the DL--yesterday--then I could replace him today and have someone in the lineup tomorrow, missing only one day of second-base production, as I fully expected to do this morning. Instead, even though he was put on the DL yesterday--Wednesday--I'm not going to have another second baseman until Saturday. This is annoying.

Perhaps you were visiting an orphanage yesterday afternoon and decided to stay on to read stories to the children and help tuck them into bed. Or perhaps you're all volunteer firefighters and a sudden blaze sprang up in a downtown apartment complex, and you all rushed in to rescue the young and the infirm and the tiny, tiny kittens. Or perhaps a dying secret agent entrusted you with vital information that could thwart a sinister assassination attempt. If this is the case, I forgive you. You had more important things to do, and I understand.

But if not--please keep up.

No comments: