Dear Yahoo!'s Yellow Notes Service,

Here are my replies to the various notes you supplied for over half my pitching staff today:

The Chicago Tribune's Mark Gonzales reports Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen supports SP Jose Contreras amid allegations Contreras paid $200,000 to smuggle his wife and children out of Cuba in 2004. "People have to understand the reality about Cuba," Guillen said. "People have to understand the politics between the United States and Cuba, understand the kids are in the middle of the situation. You want your kids out of there as quick as you can. You want your kids to be with you."

Yahoo! Notes, this is much heavier than the normal news you supply me with. Jose Contreras, I am glad you now have your wife and children with you. Please keep being a good pitcher, like you have been in your last two outings.

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim SP Ervin Santana (1-1, 6.35 ERA) will start Monday, April 16, against the Boston Red Sox, according to Mike Petraglia, for Boston.Redsox.MLB.com.


Didn't need a note for this one, as I saw the 11+ ERA in my stats column earlier today when I was checking it through Jim's account, and now it's a big empty white space of empty stats in my account, thanks to you taking away StatTracker because you want me to spend money on it! Boooo! I'll just keep bothering Jim, who paid you his money, but I'll still hold it against you that I don't have it every time I set my lineup.

Philadelphia Phillies SP Freddy Garcia is scheduled to start against the New York Mets, Monday, April 16, according to Ken Mandel of Philadelphia.Phillies.MLB.com.

Please be a good pitcher, Freddy Garcia. I really, really need you to be good.

The New York Times reports New York Yankees CL Mariano Rivera had not allowed a run since last Aug. 27, a span of 20 innings that included the postseason and spring training, prior to the three-run homer he surrendered to Oakland Athletics IF Marco Scutaro on April 15.

Oh, really? It took The New York Times to report that? I could have reported that. Thank you very much, Mr. Rivera. You know because of you my record is now 2-20-2 instead of 2-19-3, because I didn't bench you to get a tie in the HRs allowed category even though I benched Contreras BECAUSE I DIDN'T THINK YOU WOULD GIVE UP ANY. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled, especially considering it was Jackie Robinson day and every one else was also wearing 42, which may have made it a confusing day for you. And I'm sure you feel bad enough as it is.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Milwaukee Brewers CL Francisco Cordero has allowed one hit, two walks and no runs in five appearances covering five innings, with nine strikeouts. He is 4-for-4 in save opportunities.

Not to be superstitious, but this is just the kind of news that causes a pitcher to blow a save. Or two. Or more. . . . (Let's not talk about how good he's been anymore! Pretend you don't notice!)

The Lorain Morning Journal reports Chicago White Sox SP Javier Vazquez (1-0, 0.00) will pitch April 13 against the Cleveland Indians.

Javier Vazquez, I saw you pitch in Spring Training in Tucson, and you were good. I wanted to take your picture while you were on the mound, but it was really hot and the camera decided not to work, so it didn't get your picture.

ESPN.com reports New York Mets SP Orlando Hernandez was ejected in the sixth inning of the team's 6-2 loss to the Washington Nationals Saturday, April 14. Hernandez had just allowed a two-run home run to Nationals OF Chris Snelling when his next delivery ran up and hit Nationals SP Shawn Hill on the right forearm. He was ejected immediately, which he argued against while leaving.

El Duque, I know we're all upset about how poorly The Third Outs have been this season. If only Melvin "Monday" Mora could extend his hitting past the first workday of the week. If only Julio Lugo wasn't always literally the third out. I know. But you, El Duque, are not going to help things by getting yourself ejected. Remember, you have to play to win.

Chicago Cubs SP Carlos Zambrano homered for the 11th time in his career, Friday, April 13, against the Cincinnati Reds. He is tied for third place on the Cubs' all-time list for home runs by pitchers, according to the Associated Press.

And then, Big Z, what did you do? Have a disastrous 5th, get pulled, and lose the game?

FOXSports.com reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim SP Bartolo Colon (rotator cuff) threw seven shutout innings for Triple-A Salt Lake Sunday, April 15, in his final rehab start. He allowed three hits while walking one and striking out three. Colon was scheduled to start Friday, April 20, for the big-league club but with the team's game being rained out Sunday, his start could be pushed back.


Please be a good pitcher, Bartolo Colon. I really, really need you to be good.

2 comments:

Grandpa D said...

Wow! That Chai Tea must have some kick to have generated that much furious keyboard activity. You go, Grrrl. Whip those Macho Men into shape!

JJ said...

I second this letter: "The Associated Press reports Detroit Tigers SS Carlos Guillen received a letter from Major League Baseball that warned him of a $1,000 fine for having the pockets on the backside of his pants pulled out." Yahoo!'s Yellow Notes Service = Fashion Police