Dear (oh, dear!) Armando Benitez:

I heard you had the stats of a lion, but the heart of a lamb. Jim warned me about you. The other owners urged us rookies to draft you (for their season long amusement).

But I was looking for an RP and, I admit, I considered you. Having the most saves of any available RP got my attention, but ... my ... oh, my that bottom of the 12th demonstration last night against the Mets was enough to scare me off of you forever:

Giants leading by one; save opportunity. Results: Single ... BALK1 (runner to second)...bunt out (runner to third)...ground out ... BALK2 (scored tied)...walk off HR (game over; save blown).

-- An Older, Wiser Off the Wall Management.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Traded! Matt, how happy are you right now?

MR said...

YES!!! It's about time...I mean somebody should really pick him up. In fact why don't we just have him move around to whatever team I'm playing that week.