Dear San Francisco Giants,

I've been holding on to Tim Lincecum for a while now. He seems pretty good to me. Here's his line this year toiling away with the "Fresno Grizzlies":

5 starts, 4-0, 31 IP, 1 R (!), 12 H, 11 BB, 46 K (!), 0.29 ERA (!!), 0.74 WHIP

Now, meanwhile, you're running Russ Ortiz out there every fifth day. We had the "pleasure" of watching Mr. Ortiz last night against the Rockies (from very very close--thanks Sky and Maisie!), wherein he lasted all of 3 1/3 innings while giving up 8 runs on 9 hits. Let's look at his line so far, just for fun:

5 starts, 2-2, 29.1 IP, 21 R, 42 H, 9 BB, 18 K, 6.44 ERA, 1.74 WHIP

This is the guy you're clinging to? Do I have to go get Lincecum myself? I can take a half-day at work and go pick him up. It's no problem. Let me know.

No comments: